Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First Haircut

Some of you may remember the trauma that was Em's first haircut. For those of you who don't, let's just say Mommy was neither ready or willing for Em's locks to be chopped, but it happened anyways. As a result of that event, I've been reluctant to even consider cutting Cooper's hair. It's really pale blonde, so it hasn't been a big issue. Besides, you couldn't see the feathers, even when they did start to grow! Lately, however, they've been more than a bit noticeable. While I'm perfectly fine with curls on boys, I'm not fine with curls on boys that make them look like girls. It's just my opinion, and Coop's have gotten him mistaken for a girl (not sure how). So Sunday was a sunny afternoon and Todd didn't have any pressing business and we did it. A stool was taken to the backyard and the deed was done! I'm still trying to get used to the feel of little prickles on my neck when he snuggles. Cooper loves to just sit for long stretches of time and enjoy the tactile experience of his head now.
Look on the left and you'll see the telltale curls I'm talking about. I know many of you think I'm nuts, but in person, there were MUCH more of them to be seen!
Daddy doing the honors.
Proof, again, that he had hair... and it was long... and needed to be trimmed down a bit.
We left a bit at the top, mostly because he was getting too squirmy to safely attempt the whole military-buzz, but he likes the difference between the two lengths, and I think he's cute no matter what!

2 comments:

carol said...

Perfect haircut for such a cute little fellow.

Honestly, your children are soooo cute!!

Ellen said...

I've got a Winnie the Pooh hairclipper thing somewhere... Will bring it for you (IF I can find it)