Thank you!
As an update, we wanted to share with you that this past week has seen many answers to those prayers. We have joined a small group from our church which meets on our side of town. They will be coming here to our house on Wednesday night as a matter of fact. They are wonderful and we felt immediately like we were with friends. There is also a gal in the study who is just about my age and her baby girl is two months younger than Em. Two prayer requests that I have had since we found out we were coming was that we'd find a good small group and that I'd find at least one other mom to 'hang out' with. She doesn't live too far away, and just as God sent a wonderful group of gal's to befriend me in Bourbonnais, I know that this is another blessing.


When we left, the only sadness or regret that I really had was that I would not be able to decorate a nursery for Em. In the 15 days we were in our house there in IL, I was so excited to paint and hang all these wonderful things for her room. But, as soon as we knew we were leaving, it was hard to let that 'dream' go. However, I was running an errand for the Region at a fabric store when Todd and I came across a wonderful fabric which gave me a great idea for the kids' room (because there will be more than just Em soon!). It was an Eric Carle print from The Hungry Little Caterpillar. Todd and I both have loved his art work for years (I even bought one of the books by him for Todd's 25th birthday). We found out that we can paint and decorate, as long as we paint it back when we leave. As there is no intention of leaving (who would want to repack all that stuff anyways?), we are really excited about that. Again, another blessing and way that God is showing me that even the little things are important to him, even if it is a selfish desire to paint walls and have matching bedspreads.
I know these things are a result of your prayers for my family. Thank you so much for that. We are feeling them, and seeing the result!
P.S. Here are some random pictures to appease the Emmerson Fan's
4 comments:
Thank you, as I am an Emmerson fan :)
I am an Emmerson fan too. God delights in giving us those "extra" things that mean so much to us ... from dishes to fabric! And, I also know that God has extraordinary plans for your family ... so be prepared (as much as anyone can prepared) -ha ... serioiusly God IS going to do great thing as you and your family serve HIM.
I do believe God does care about the little things. I'm happy that you get to live that dream out in your even bigger dream of bringing Jesus to the world.
yea for being able to paint to make it feel more like home!!!
Post a Comment